Overland Park, KS 66062
The Restaurant Manager
The Restaurant Manager has the dual role of ensuring that both the daily service shifts in our dining rooms operate efficiently and profitably, but also that our operations in the cocktail lounge and bar operate seamlessly and efficiently as well. The Restaurant Manager is responsible for maintaining our standard and upholding our ethics and philosophies throughout the shift. The Restaurant Manager must be aware of the daily activities and procedures that ensure operational effectiveness, while also demonstrating the flexibility to do so under a variety of circumstances. The Restaurant Manager is primarily responsible for the business performance of the service staff as defined by the Guest feedback, weekly labor projections, inventory systems, and operations budgets. The Restaurant Manager is directly responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing levels for our dining rooms, events, and cocktail lounge, ensuring consistent and proper training and delivering our commitment to our core philosophies.
The role of Restaurant Manager combines strategic thinking, shift planning and organization as well as day-to-day personnel management and administrative activities.
Restaurant Manager Compensation: $50,000 - $60,000 plus strong bonus, generous benefits and PTO!
Daily Work Activities
Typical daily work activities may vary depending on the priorities of the restaurant, but they usually include, although are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the service staff; meeting or exceeding Guest expectations, budget adherence on all purchasing and inventory maintenance
- Preparing reports throughout the shift/week, including but not limited to service inventories, Daily Sales and Labor Reports and Cash Handling
- Creating and executing plans for departmental sales increases, presenting creative solutions to drive sales and prompting continuing education and service staff development
- Coordinating the entire operations of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Managing staff throughout their shift and providing them with consistent and fair feedback; driving Guest satisfaction
- Responding to every customer complaint personally during shift
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s standards
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations, including adherence to our 100% table touch policy
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice, soliciting feedback and fostering our policy of guest and staff ownership
- Training and motivating staff and maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Organizing and supervising the sidework and cleanliness standards of the restaurant
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, daily hygiene, and health and safety
- Preparing cash drawers and insuring proper cash handling
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
Extended Work Activities for the Restaurant Manager
Typical extended work activities may vary depending on the priorities of restaurant, but they currently include, although are not limited to:
- Ensure all equipment and work environments are operational
- Ensure appropriate stock levels for uniforms are maintained
- Set and maintain standard for food safety in the service area
- Undertake staff appraisals and disciplinary action for service staff with the assistance of the General Manager or Assistant General Manager
Our client would like to fill this Restaurant Manager role immediately, so if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please APPLY TODAY.