Hotel Director of Sales
Los Angeles, CA 90001
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and experienced individual for the Director of Sales position at brand new - opening spring 2019 - property in Downtown Los Angeles. This boutique hotel focuses on core brand values: indigenous, creative, and hosted. Therefore, the ideal candidate will display an independent personality, be inherently dynamic, and aspire to the organizational culture at large as well as the brand and specific hotel. The property is a bit different with top-tier amenities and on-trend when it comes to upscale select properties downtown. Non-conformist by nature this company is eager to try new things and challenge the norm.
The hotel is owned and operated by a highly respected hospitality company whose portfolio includes other lifestyle properties on the West coast and has been named one of the nation's top management companies by Hotel Business Magazine. This company offers the right candidate the ability to gain experience and also provides for outstanding career growth potential along with great benefits!
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in hotel sales, specifically within the social market, with a proven track record of successful sales. Experience managing a team is crucial as this individual will oversee a team consisting of a Sales Manager, Catering Sales Manager, and Sales Coordinator. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
COMPENSATION: Base Salary of $100,000 - $120,000 + Competitive Bonus Program + Team Incentive Program + Benefits
Director of Sales Responsibilities:
- Direct solicitation calls to local business and prospective leads.
- Analyze current and potential business segments and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share.
- Effectively service and grow existing accounts by providing adequate follow-up and solicit repeat bookings.
- Proactively pursue, organize and book sleeping rooms and group business for the hotels.
- Create and promote a positive team environment for sales support while encouraging your team to go the extra mile
- Have ongoing knowledge of the competition's product and current marketing strategies.
- Communicate effectively with all hotel departments to ensure group arrangements are carried out as efficiently as possible.
- Promote a professional positive image of the hotel at all times through personal appearance, civic functions and general public relations.
Director of Sales Qualifications:
- 3+ years sales experience in a full-service hotel
- 1+ years of team management experience
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Pre-opening experience, preferred
If you are interested in learning more about this position, please apply with your current resume! Or if you have questions, send a message to [email protected].